Certified Product Owner
Learn Fundamentals of Agile Methodology and Land a Product Owner Job
The Struggle and Why YOU Should Take This Course
Early in my career, I wasted months trying to learn more skills to break into a product owner role. Despite all of my efforts, I was completely lost because:
- I lacked a formal background or experience in project management, computer science, or software engineering.
- I wasn’t confident that learning how to code and building a career in software engineering was right for me. Instead, I loved the cross-functional skills that came with being a product owner.
- I wasn't sure if I wanted to spend 100% of my time in a customer-facing or a sales role. I wanted a hybrid role that included the best of both worlds.
- The courses and bootcamps offered in the tech industry were either too technical and jargon-filled or lacked sufficient depth.
- I didn't have insider tips or the right resources to stand out as a candidate in Product Owner interviews.
To become more skilled at the Product Owner role, I went down the rabbit hole to understand what it takes to build successful products from the inside out. I interviewed thought-leaders within the industry. I learned about the behaviors and habits of successful product owners. Empowered with this knowledge, I received many job interviews at top tier companies and startups.
Within 5 years, I went from a complete newbie to an award-winning Product Owner.
I created the One Week Product Owner course so that no one else had to go through the painful experience that I went through to have a successful product owner career.
One Week Product Owner was created for aspiring product managers or people who want to learn agile product management skills. In this course, I teach: fundamentals of agile product management, how to create your business model, how to validate your ideas, scrum foundations, team dynamics, stakeholder management, how to answer product owner interview questions, and how to stand out in the recruiting process to land a product owner job.
"To be successful as a product owner, you need to learn fundamental agile product development skills. Over my career, I’ve helped hundreds of people learn agile product development and break into a product role. I’ve compiled and refined everything I’ve learned into this One Week Product Owner course to put you on the fast track towards success."
"Dhaval's exceptional guidance and knowledge made this the best course that I've ever taken on the fundamentals of product owner and landing a product owner job." - 5/5 stars
- Hannah F., Product Owner Program Student who now works as a Product Owner
What are you going to get from this course?
- 90+ highly-interactive lectures, 10+ hours of content, 5+ downloadable Product Owner templates, and exclusive interviews (more added over time) with product owners in the industry!
- Learn key fundamentals of being a Product Owner, how to succeed at product owner interviews, and how to stand out as a more suitable candidate to land the job including topics like:
- Concrete frameworks to develop, refine, and validate your business ideas
- Business model and Idea validation frameworks most product owners use to create highly granular product strategies
- The most important trait you need to succeed as a Product Owner and how to cultivate that trait
- The time-tested process to build and ship successful products
- Learn about Evidence-Based Management: Strategy and Metrics.
- In-depth walk-through of Scrum Framework
- How to create a Product Roadmap that will get you the promotion and save you from making expensive mistakes
- How to manage stakeholders and risk
- How to measure and improve your velocity
- How to write user stories (also known as product requirements) that set you and your team up for success
- Measuring Success: How to choose Charts and Metrics to focus on measuring your Agile Success
- Release Management - How to release high-quality products that delight your stakeholders and customers.
- 50+ Product Owner Interview Questions Answered. Bonus: These will help you pass the Professional Product Owner Exam
- Crafting your resume to optimize landing interviews
- Creating your own product manager case studies to stand out as a candidate
- Exclusive interviews with current product managers including insider tips on breaking into product management, popular questions they like to ask candidates during interviews, and their recommendations on standing out in the recruiting process
- Apply the fundamentals learned from this course to your own Product Owner project every day!
- Access to downloadable templates used by actual Product Owners on the job!
- Learn the process of answering the most popular Product interview questions in order to stand out as a Product Owner candidate!
- Earn a certificate of completion upon finishing the course
- Access to the world's first and largest Product Manager Slack community where you can meet, chat with, and learn from over 9,000+ product people around the globe. The community also features the world's top product leaders like Ken Norton (Product Partner, Google Ventures), Punit Soni (Chief Product Officer of Flipkart & Advisor to Google), Josh Elman (Partner at Greylock Partners), Ellen Chisa (VP of Product at Lola), Brandon Chu (Senior Product Manager at Shopify), Lulu Cheng (Product Manager at Pinterest), Jess Lee (Former CEO of Polyvore), Nir Eyal (Author of Hooked), and others in our community for regular Q&A sessions.
- I have been 100% committed to adding more BONUS course content and interviews with product leaders over time (I love all things product and highly enjoy adding content!) and you'll get FREE LIFETIME ACCESS to all future content!
Dhaval Bhatt is a Product Management Leader who has spent 16 years as an engineer, founder, and product management leader. He previously founded an artificial intelligence company that won the IBM Global Entrepreneur Award, Google Spark Award, NVIDIA AI Inception Award, Strata-Hadoop Featured Data Startup, and Orielly Intel Featured AI startup before being acquired by the Berkeley Data Science Group. He’s been a Sr. Product Owner for Data and Growth / Acquisition at Lifelock and he’s currently a Product Management Leader for Artificial Intelligence at Wells Fargo. He’s also an Instructor at UC Berkeley leading their immersive Data Science program.
This course has no prerequisites and you do not need a technical background
- You should NOT take this course if:
- You are already an experienced product manager with SCRUM Certification
- You aren't willing to spend 30 minutes to 1 hour every day for only 1 week to complete course content and work on your Product Owner project
- You SHOULD take this course if:
- You are curious about the Product career and want to learn more about the role and responsibilities
- You have no prior experience and you want to transition into a Product Owner role
- You are trying to determine if the Product Owner role is right for you
- You are beginning your career in tech or are making a career change
Get started now!
Sample Course Video Screenshots
Backlog & Release Management
Frequently Asked Questions
Get started now!
Making this investment to take this course now will be worth hundreds of thousands of dollars over the course of your career. If you aren't comfortable with the value you are getting, we always offer a 30-day 100% money-back guarantee.