The Struggle and Why YOU Should Take This Course
Early in my career, I wasted months trying to learn more technical skills to break into a technical product role. Despite all of my efforts, I was completely lost because:
- I lacked a formal background in computer science or software engineering.
- The courses and bootcamps offered in the tech industry were either too technical and jargon-filled, or lacked the sufficient depth.
- I wasn’t confident that learning how to code and building a career in software engineering was right for me. Instead, I loved the cross-functional skills that came with technical product management.
- I didn't have insider tips nor the right technical resources on how to stand out as a candidate in tech PM interviews
To become more technical, I went down the rabbithole to understand what it takes to build successful tech products from the inside out. I interviewed thought-leaders within the industry. I learned the behaviors and habits of successful technical product managers. Empowered with this knowledge, I received many job interviews at top tier companies and startups.
Within 5 years, I went from a complete newbie to an award-winning Technical Product Manager.
I created the One Week Technical Product Manager course so that no one else had to go through the painful experience that I went through to become more technical and land my first product manager role.
One Week Technical Product Manager was created for aspiring technical product managers or people who want to learn technical skills. In this course, I teach: fundamentals of technical product management, how to create high-performing software products, how to answer technical product manager interview questions and how to stand out in the recruiting process to land a technical product job.
We’ve already soft launched this course to 50 beta students (selected from over 300 closed applications) who have given rave reviews and helped us improve the course with brand new content.
"To be successful as a product manager, you need to learn fundamental technical skills. Over my career, I’ve helped hundreds of people become more technical and break into product management. I’ve compiled everything I’ve learned into this One Week Technical Product Management course to put you on the fast track towards success."
"Dhaval's exceptional guidance and knowledge made this the best course that I've ever taken on the fundamentals of technical product management and landing a technical product manager job." - 5/5 stars
- Hannah F., Technical PM Student who now works as a Technical Product Manager
"While I started the program with zero experience, I realized learning the fundamental concepts isn't as insurmountable as I initially expected as long as I put in the effort to learn! This program is the one-stop shop for all technical product management and software development resources."
- Allen W., Business Strategy
Max W., Technical Product Manager
"This program allows me to finally gain a more holistic understanding of the back-end mechanics that are involved when managing software development - resulting in more strategic conversations with technical stakeholders and empowering more informed decision making. The architecture overview was helpful in understanding how all of these processes interact with one another."
- Alexa S., Product Manager
“One Week Technical PM provided just the right amount of detail and insight into how software development works, enhancing my ability to engage with engineers and other stakeholders. For a PM without a technical background, concepts like APIs, servers, and back-end/front-end can feel confusing and overwhelming. But the course provided clear, straight-forward explanations and visuals that really helped me understand the foundations of how software is created and maintained. There were multiple “aha” moments, and I learned concepts that I could immediately apply to be a better PM.”
- Jane P., Product Manager
What are you going to get from this course?
- Over 140+ lectures, 15+ hours of content, 5+ downloadable Tech PM templates, and exclusive interviews (more added over time) with technical product managers in the industry!
- Learn key fundamentals of being a more technical PM, how to dominate technical product manager interviews, and how to stand out as a more technical candidate to land the job including topics like:
- How to Choose your Tech Framework: Web & Mobile Apps Frameworks - Front-End & Back-End
- How to create high-performance software products: System Design & Architecture Patterns
- How to create a high-quality software products: Software Ops and DevOps
- Understanding User Behavior and finding Product-Market Fit: Product Analytics & Experimentation
- Securing Your Product and User Data Privacy
- System Design Framework
- System Design Case studies
- Platform Product Management
- Advanced Technical Product Management Topics: Machine Learning, Virtual Reality, IoT, Blockchain.
- Frameworks for answering the most popular product manager interview questions
- 50+ Tech Product Manager Interview Questions Answered
- Crafting your resume to optimize landing interviews
- Creating your own product manager case studies to stand out as a candidate
- Exclusive interviews with current product managers including insider tips on breaking into product management, popular questions they like to ask candidates during interviews, and their recommendations on standing out in the recruiting process
- Apply fundamentals learned from this course to your own TPM project every day!
- Access to downloadable templates used by actual Tech Product Managers on the job!
- Learn the process of answering the most popular TPM interview questions in order to stand out as a TPM candidate!
- Earn a certificate of completion upon finishing the course
- Access to the world's first and largest Product Manager Slack community where you can meet, chat with, and learn from over 9,000+ product people around the globe. The community also features the world's top product leaders like Ken Norton (Product Partner, Google Ventures), Punit Soni (Chief Product Officer of Flipkart & Advisor to Google), Josh Elman (Partner at Greylock Partners), Ellen Chisa (VP of Product at Lola), Brandon Chu (Senior Product Manager at Shopify), Lulu Cheng (Product Manager at Pinterest), Jess Lee (Former CEO of Polyvore), Nir Eyal (Author of Hooked), and others in our community for regular Q&A sessions.
- I have been 100% committed to adding more BONUS course content and interviews with tech product leaders over time (I love all things product and highly enjoy adding content!) and you'll get FREE LIFETIME ACCESS to all future content!
Dhaval Bhatt is a Product Management Leader who has spent 16 years as an engineer, founder, and product management leader. He previously founded an artificial intelligence company that won the IBM Global Entrepreneur Award, Google Spark Award, NVIDIA AI Inception Award, Strata-Hadoop Featured Data Startup, and Orielly Intel Featured AI startup before being acquired by the Berkeley Data Science Group. He’s been a Sr. Product Owner for Data and Growth / Acquisition at Lifelock and he’s currently a Product Management Leader for Artificial Intelligence at Wells Fargo. He’s also an Instructor at UC Berkeley leading their immersive Data Science program.
PreviewBuilding Blocks of a Software App (6:59)
PreviewFront-end Building Blocks (1:14)
StartDocument Object Model (9:31)
StartClient-Side vs Server-Side (3:44)
StartAJAX & Websocket (2:50)
StartAPI - Application Programming Interface (8:13)
StartPostman - API Testing Tool (12:08)
StartAJAX Vs Websocket Vs API
StartWeb Application Foundations Quiz
This course has no prerequisites and you do not need a technical background
- You should NOT take this course if:
- You are already an experienced technical product manager
- You aren't willing to spend 30 minutes to 1 hour every day for only 1 week to complete course content and work on your PM project
- You SHOULD take this course if:
- You are curious about technical product management and want to learn more about the role and responsibilities
- You have no prior experience and you want to transition into a Technical Product Management role
- You are trying to determine if the Technical PM role is right for you
- You are beginning your career in tech or are making a career change
Get started now!
Sample Course Video Screenshots:
Frequently Asked Questions
Get started now!
Making this investment to take this course now will be worth hundreds of thousands of dollars over the course of your career. If you aren't comfortable with the value you are getting, we always offer a 30-day 100% money back guarantee.