*Course Updated: November 2020*
The Struggle and Why YOU Should Take This Course
When I first heard about product management, I wasted months trying to learn more about the field. Despite all of my efforts, I was completely lost and felt like I couldn't break into a product role because:
- I had no prior experience in product management and was coming in from a completely different industry
- I had absolutely no idea what a product manager did on the job nor what skills were required
- I had no time nor guidance to figure out what resources I should be focused on learning from
- I wasn't sure if the product manager role would be a good fit for me
- I had no idea how to answer product manager interview questions
- I didn't have the insider tips on how to stand out as a candidate
After years of going through multiple rounds of product management interviews, landing multiple product management job offers, and coaching dozens of candidates on how to break into product management, I wanted to make sure that no one else had to go through the painful experience that I went through to land my first product job.
Since launch, One Week PM has helped 2500+ students around the world learn the most important fundamentals of product management and the insider strategies towards dominating interviews to land a product manager job.
"I've compiled everything that I've learned into this course to help put you on the fast track towards learning about product management, creating your own side project, and landing your first product management job."
"This is hands-down the best course that I've ever taken on the fundamentals of product management and landing a product manager job." - 5/5 stars
- Kevin C., One Week PM Student who now works as a Facebook Product Manager.
Introducing One Week PM
The One Week PM course will arm you with everything you need to know from: learning the essential fundamentals of product management, creating your own PM project, and dominating your product management interviews.
Day 1: Learn about the role of a PM, the ideal skill-sets to develop, the process of working with cross-functional teams, the product lifecycle and development cycle, popular development methodologies and product ideation
Day 2: Structuring and conducting proper user research & user interviews
Day 3: Key components of writing a comprehensive product spec and how to estimate feature development timelines
Day 4: The process of wireframing, prototyping, and conducting usability tests
Day 5: Managing a product backlog and creating a product roadmap
Day 6: The fundamentals of marketing and core technology concepts for PMs
Day 7: The most important frameworks and methods for answering the most popular PM interview questions and the insider tips to standing out as a candidate. Walkthroughs of real case studies used to land product management job offers.
Bonus Content: Free resources and exclusive Q&A Interviews with industry product managers
Unlike other courses that just throw information at you, this course is highly interactive and every day, you'll apply the fundamentals that you've learned to your own PM project so that at the end of the course week, you'll have your own project to talk about during your PM interviews. After the course, you'll also receive access to join the world's largest Product Manager community on Slack where you can meet, chat with, and learn from thousands of PMs from all over the world.
"I normally have a hard time completing most courses due to my erratic work schedule but I loved the way this course was structured with daily lessons that I could complete over the course of a week. It was the perfect length and I felt like I learned really practical PM skills." - 5/5 stars
- Nikunj M., Finance Manager / One Week PM Student
How Are Other Students Liking the Course?
2500+ students with diverse backgrounds in social enterprises, law, finance, accounting, IT, consulting, engineering, design, and undergrad / MBA programs have already enrolled in the course from all around the world.
Our students come from companies like Google, Facebook, Apple, Airbnb, Amazon, IDEO, NBA (National Basketball Association), Spotify, WhatsApp, Atlassian, Headspace, Udemy, Hubspot, Microsoft, Adobe, Salesforce, eBay, Intuit, Paypal, Lyft, Fitbit, Pearson Education, Rakuten, Expedia, NerdWallet, Code for America, McKinsey & Company, Bain & Company, J.P. Morgan, Morgan Stanley, Workday, Collective Health, Ticketmaster, etc...
One Week PM has gotten dozens of raving 5-star reviews from past students saying things like:
I’ve now read so many PM books that I am finally ready for my new PM Professor Lee. pic.twitter.com/ctywdNrX4I
— John Maeda (@johnmaeda) August 4, 2017
What are you going to get from this course?
- Over 70+ lectures, 6+ hours of content, 5+ downloadable PM templates, and exclusive interviews (more added over time) with product managers and product leaders in the industry!
- Learn key fundamentals of being a PM, how to dominate product manager interviews, and how to stand out as a candidate to land the job including topics like:
- Product lifecycles and the product development cycle
- Understanding popular development methodologies
- Product ideation
- Conducting user research and user interviews
- Creating screener questionnaires and interview guides
- Asking the right user interview questions
- Writing a comprehensive product spec
- Estimating a feature development timeline
- Wireframing / prototyping
- Conducting usability tests
- Managing a product backlog and product roadmap
- Inbound / outbound marketing
- Core technology concepts
- Frameworks for answering the most popular product manager interview questions
- Crafting your resume to optimize landing interviews
- Creating your own product manager case studies to stand out as a candidate
- Live video walk-throughs of real case studies that have landed product manager job offers
- Exclusive interviews with current product managers including insider tips on breaking into product management, popular questions they like to ask candidates during interviews, and their recommendations on standing out in the recruiting process
- Apply fundamentals learned from this course to your own PM project every day!
- Access to downloadable templates used by actual Product Managers on the job!
- Learn the process of answering the most popular PM interview questions in order to stand out as a PM candidate!
- Earn a certificate of completion upon finishing the course
- Access to exclusive video and audio interviews with product managers and product leaders about product management topics, day-to-day breakdowns of their role, insider interview tips, and walkthroughs of popular interview questions and answers.
- Access to the world's first and largest Product Manager Slack community where you can meet, chat with, and learn from over 9,500+ product people around the globe. The community also features the world's top product leaders like Ken Norton (Product Partner, Google Ventures), Punit Soni (Chief Product Officer of Flipkart & Advisor to Google), Josh Elman (Partner at Greylock Partners), Ellen Chisa (VP of Product at Lola), Brandon Chu (Senior Product Manager at Shopify), Lulu Cheng (Product Manager at Pinterest), Jess Lee (Former CEO of Polyvore), Nir Eyal (Author of Hooked), and others in our community for regular Q&A sessions.
- I have been 100% committed to adding more BONUS course content and interviews with product leaders over time (I love all things product and highly enjoy adding content!) and you'll get FREE LIFETIME ACCESS to all future content!
Kevin Lee is the founder of Product Manager HQ, the web's leading resource for helping thousands of people around the world learn how to break into product management. Product Manager HQ has been featured across the web in Forbes, Huffington Post, Product Hunt, Medium, Mattermark, Drift, UXPin, and many others. Sponsors have included companies like Facebook, Hired, Amplitude, UserVoice, ProductPlan, Notion, TechCrunch, SaaStr, Hack Reactor, etc... Product Manager HQ has also been listed as a 2015 / 2016 / 2017 Top Influencer in Product Management.
Kevin has previously worked in Product at AltSchool (backed by Andreessen Horowitz, Founders Fund, First Round Capital, Mark Zuckerberg, John Doerr and other exceptional investors). Previously, he was a Senior Product Manager at Kabam, where he worked on products through all lifecycles in San Francisco, Vancouver, and Beijing and helped grow one of the company's products to become the third largest revenue generating product in the company portfolio. In a former life, he worked in Technology Investment Banking at Merrill Lynch. He is also the author / co-author on 10+ gaming patents.
He has lectured at UC Berkeley, guest-lectured for their Product Management Immersive program, and mentored visiting entrepreneurs at the Haas School of Business. He has also advised startups at FactoryX, run by GoogleX co-founder Tom Chi. He has also previously been on the Board of Directors of the SF Creative Arts Charter School and early literacy non-profit, Tandem.
"As a designer interested in breaking into product management, I learn by doing and I really enjoyed the process of applying each day's lessons to my own PM project. I was also really impressed with the frameworks that the instructor provided for answering product manager interview questions and I learned a lot from the real case study examples. This course has definitely been the most useful resource throughout my entire recruiting process." - 5/5 stars
- Josephine B., Designer / One Week PM Student
PreviewCourse Introduction (3:51)
StartOverview of Product Management (6:41)
StartThe Product Lifecycle (4:49)
StartThe Product Development Cycle (4:49)
StartDevelopment Methodologies: Waterfall (3:42)
StartDevelopment Methodologies: Agile (6:03)
StartOverview of Scrum and Kanban (11:42)
StartWorking with Cross-Functional Teams (12:24)
StartYour PM Project (7:02)
StartDay 1 Assignment (0:25)
StartDay 1 Additional Reading
StartProject Ideation Template
StartUser Research & User Interviews Overview (1:19)
StartWhy Do User Research? (5:39)
StartIntro to User Interviews (2:11)
PreviewRecruiting Interview Participants (3:51)
StartCreating a Screener Questionnaire (2:43)
StartCreating a User Interview Guide (2:10)
StartHow to Ask the Right Questions (13:49)
StartQuiz: Sample User Interview Questions (2:31)
StartUser Interview Documentation & Tips (3:31)
StartDay 2 Assignment (2:20)
StartDay 2: Additional Reading
StartUser Interview Sample Questions
- This course has no prerequisites and you do not need a technical background
- You should NOT take this course if:
- You are already an experienced product manager
- You aren't willing to spend 30 minutes to 1 hour every day for only 1 week to complete course content and work on your PM project
- You SHOULD take this course if:
- You are curious about product management and want to learn more about the role and responsibilities
- You have no prior experience and you want to transition into a Product Management role
- You are trying to determine if the PM role is right for you
- You are beginning your career in tech or are making a career change
Product Management is one of the most in-demand roles in the market right now with thousands of job listings worldwide. The average Product Manager salary is $104,000 and Product Management jobs are estimated to grow at a rate of 10-15% over the next decade.
Don't make the same mistakes I did when I started out because the opportunity cost of wasting time is way too high! The price of this course WILL INCREASE once more content is added but if you enroll in the course today, you'll get FREE LIFETIME ACCESS to all of the current and future content.
Get started now!
Sample Course Video Screenshots:
Frequently Asked Questions
Making this investment to take this course now will be worth hundreds of thousands of dollars over the course of your career. If you aren't comfortable with the value you are getting, we always offer a 30-day 100% money back guarantee.